It is the intent of St. Paul Greek School to provide education and instruction of the Greek language, culture, heritage, religion, history and to promote the moral and ethical values of our Greek Orthodox faith. The basic purpose of the Greek School is to present all aspects of the modern Greek language to our students, including vocabulary-building, reading, writing and grammar with emphasis on conversation. Greek poems, prayers, songs are used to teach the students about the Greek culture, heritage, religion and history.
We offer Greek language classes for students from Kindergarten through 6th Grade. Adult classes are offered for beginners as well as more advanced students of of the Greek language.
We belive learning is a life-long process. our ancient philosophers said "Γηρασκώ διδασκόμενος", which means "I always learn as I age." We encourage everyone to speak the Greek language and engage in Greek cultural and religious activities with your children. We provide such opportunities thoughout the year, including:
* participation in Greek Christmas caroling
* participation in the Three Hierarchs day and Greek Letters day
* participation in the March 25th presentation and Greek Independence Parade
Greek is the language of our ancestors, our Church Fathers and we offer you the opportunity to join us in learning as well.
Feel free to call the Greek School principal, Kathy Glaros, at 216.524.1766, email her at email@example.com or call the church office at 440.237.8998 with any questions or concerns.
Kindergarten students MUST BE 5-years-old by September 30th, 2016.
Greek School begins September 19, 2016 and runs through June 5, 2017. Classes are held every Monday evening from 5:30 - 7:30 PM.
2016 - 2017 Greek School Calendar of Events
GREEK SCHOOL PTO
President ~ Tammy Parianos
* Students march in Greek Independence Day parade (details...)
* Greek Independence program following Liturgy
* Lazarus Saturday and Palm Folding (details...)
* HOLY Monday ~ No classess
* Holy Saturday bell ringing (details...)
* Egg hunt for those 10 and under at 11:00 AM followed by Agape Service
(a view from above)