50 Acts of Kindness
50 Acts of Kindness
As part of the celebration of the 50th Anniversary since the establishment of our community, we want to challenge our parish family to pay it forward and find 50 ways we can show kindness and love and to put into action the theme of our Anniversary: "and walk in love, as Christ has loved us." Eph. 5:2
We are asking all ministries, or even small groups of parishioners, to organize and execute acts of kindness. Helping those in need, giving comfort to those that are ill, bringing joy to others ~ these are some of the things we want you to go out and do. It can be done by visitng homebound individuals or people in nursing homes, sending cards to veterans or those in military hospitals, participating in walk-a-thons, visiting families at Ronald McDonald House spending time playing with the children, etc. We also have local Orthodox Ministries ~ St. Herman's House, ZOE for Life!, St. Mary of Egypt Mission, etc. that we can partner with in this effort.
This if for ALL PARISHIONERS ~ young and old. Use all these resources and GET CREATIVE. Spend a little time to show love and kindness to others so that we can "walk in love, as Christ has loved us"! For more information and to schedule a 50 Acts of Kindness event, please contact chairpersons Erin Kubat or Keli Pontikos.
Accept this challenge and let's reach 50 Acts of Kindness by the end of 2016.
- Act 1 ~ GOYAns cook and prepare chicken dinner that they take and serve to the homeless at St. Herman House in Cleveland
- Act 2 ~ Eyeglass Recycling (sponsored by all Parishioners): we encourage you to bring gently used eyeglasses to be donated to the Lions Club Recylce for Sign Program. Place in box in hallway near main candle stand
- Act 3 ~ Bottles for Babies (sponsored by Little Angels): drop your spare change in the baby bottles located in the hallway to benefit ZOE for Life!
- Act 4 ~ Parade Pledges (sponsored by Greek School): Greek School students are collecting pledges for ZOE for Life! as they walk in the Greek Independence Day parade
- Act 5 ~ Kindness Board: post an act of kindness committed by a parishioner or group on board in hallway near main candle stand
- Act 6 ~ Cleanse your Home for Lent (sponsored by Philoptochos): Fill a garbage bag provided by Philoptochos with items needed for St Herman's House of Hospitality, ZOE for Life!, or St Mary of Egypt. Filled bags were collected and donated on Sunday, April 17th.
- Act 7 ~ Remembering our Veterans (sponsored by Choir) Choir collects donations for the Department of Veteral Affairs Medical Center (VA Hospital) see needs here...
Translation of the Image of Our Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ; Diomedes the Physician & Martyr of Tarsus; Timothy of Euripus, founder of the Monastery of Pentele; Nicodemus the New Martyr of Meteora; Gerasimus of Cephalonia; Holy Monk Penteles; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; The Six Martyrs Dorotheos, Sarantis, Jacob, Seraphim, Demetrios and Basil who contested in Megara; Manuel and John the New Martyrs; Stamatios the Martyr; Apostolos the New-Martyr
Follow us on
Facebook and Twitter
(a view from above)